How to LED
THE MOST VISIBLE AREAS TO DISPLAY LED SIGNS
Led signs are purchased to attract customers because of its vivid hues and animated features. However, putting them in the wrong places is not just a waste of money but a waste of time and effort as well. It is best to put up led signs on structures that are visible and easy to view. Fabio Aversa talks about the the best places to display led signs in his article located here.
- >> LED signs and displays placed on a tall building will not be seen by anyone. The higher the location of the led signs, the more it will look smaller. Not only is this more expensive because of the additional apparatus to fix the LED walls, customers will have a difficult time looking at the displays as well.
- >> LED signs on screen poles are the easiest and cheapest option. With up to meters in height, there is a single or double pole that supports the led signs up for display. There are companies who offer the metal structure along with the screen and it is wise to purchase them together.
- >> LED signs on trucks and other moving vehicles. Vehicles are a fast way to advertise because they move from one area to another. Not only does this present less problems because no permission is needed from building owners, it is also a less expensive means of advertising.
- >> Indoor LED signs that hang are a good way of attracting customers. Locations such as the mall generate a lot of customers and with big led signs hanging from the roof, giving additional brightness, led signs will surely call attention from the passersby due to its bright hues.
THE SCIENCE OF LED SIGNS
Electroluminescence is the process that makes LED signs work. It is an optical and electrical phenomenon wherein a material emits light in response to an electric current passing through it or to a strong electric field. It results from the radiative recombination of electrons and holes in a material, which is usually a semi-conductor. The electrons, in an excited state, produce its energy as light. Therefore, electroluminescence is basically a production of light through electrons. Before the process of recombination, however, electrons and holes can either be separated as a result of doping of the material (which is usual in LED displays) or through excitation by impact of high-energy electrons accelerated by a strong electric field. LED signs are in a p-n junction mode, which simply means that n-type material flows to the p-type material, thereby producing current and light in response to electricity.
HOW LED SIGNS CAN INCREASE SALES
The US Small Business Administration (SBA) reported that:
- LED Signs are cost-effective advertising mediums, amounting to 10% the cost of other advertising tools
- LED Signs are like advertisements that go on for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- LED Signs act as a street salesman, attracting more customers
- Your LED signs can be a landmark of a certain place
- 15% to 35% of street traffic is just passers-by (vacationers and travelers). LED Signs bring great potential for single stops by those unfamiliar with the area
- Enhancing signages with LED Signs can increase sales by 15% to 150%
HOW LED SIGNS CAN HELP YOU SAVE MONEY IN THE LONG RUN
One of the major expenses business owners have to deal with is the monthly electricity. While LED signs are more expensive than traditional neon signs, LED signs bring more savings in the long run. Below is a table which shows you how much savings a LED sign generates.